Learn, Lead, Succeed!

GED® Transcripts

GED® and GED Testing Service® are trademarks of the American Council on Education® and may not be used or reproduced without express written permission.


GED Transcripts

The State of Idaho uses DiplomaSender, an external internet-based service to help test takers order their GED documents. DiplomaSender can provide copies of your GED transcript directly to you, to an employer, school, or other organization via fax, email, or by mail.

Testers who completed their GED testing after January 2014 are entitled to one free copy of their transcript. The State of Idaho does not provide these documents automatically, and students must request their free first copy through DiplomaSender.

Each additional copy of your GED transcript costs $15. Diploma sender offers the options of paying by credit card or money order.

To begin your request, or for more information about obtaining your GED transcript, please visit:

High School Equivalency Certificate

The High School Equivalency Certificate (HSEC) is issued by the state office, and must be requested separately from your GED transcript. For more information about how to qualify for the HSEC, please visit our GED Home Page.

To request your HSEC, please complete the request form, which must be notarized. Send the form, along with a $10 check or money order made out to “The Division of Professional-Technical Education”, and a copy of your American Government transcript or test results to:

Idaho Division of Professional-Technical Education
Attn: GED Office
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0095