Joint Student Leadership (JSL)
Theme: Direction Determines Destiny
State Officer Training
August 3-7, 2015
Red Lion Downtowner, Boise
JSL is designed to prepare PTSO officers to effectively fulfill the responsibilities of their office and provide them with life-long leadership skills. Competencies to be developed include:
- Effective Communication – Clearly articulate PTSO purposes, successfully deliver a membership focused speech, and develop skills needed to facilitate an interactive workshop.
- Professionalism – Learn to be an effective ambassador of your PTSO. Develop skills needed to project a positive and professional image for you and your organization.
- Team Building – Learn to build, manage, and be part of a results-driven team.
- Meeting Management – Develop skills needed to run effective meetings. Build coalitions with other PTSOs focusing on cross-organizational goals.
- Understanding – Develop an understanding of personal strengths and opportunity areas, the needs of teammates, and the purpose and mission of Idaho's PTSOs.
2014-2015 JSL President Amanda Hale (FFA)
The JSL President is the elected representative of Idaho's seven PTSOs. The JSL President acts as an ambassador for student leadership and professional-technical education during their year of service. Annual responsibilities include emceeing the Idaho PTE Foundation's Student Day at the Legislature (SDAL), addressing PTE teachers at the annual Summer Conference, and providing leadership at JSL.