Idaho Career Planning Guide
The Idaho Career Planning Guide was published beginning with the 2009-10 school year as a means to connect Idaho labor data and trends to Idaho's 16 Career Clusters and the programs offered in the secondary and postsecondary realm. The Guide contains relevant information that will carry through 2011 and perhaps beyond that. The Idaho Career Planning Guide is intendented to support career education and planning at the high school level.
An additional 12 project lessons were developed by Career Communicationsto help counselors, teachers, and others facilitate the career planning process for students in Grades 9-12.
Overview: Project List
- Project 1:
- Project 2: When Am I Ever Going to Use Math, Science, English and Social Studies?
- Project 3: Describe and Use Your Strengths
- Activity Worksheet: My Strengths
- Project 1: Lifestyle Choices Affect Career Choices
- Project 2: What Are Soft Skills? Why Are They Important?
- Project 3: What's Your Favorite Subject?
- Project 1: Prepare for 21st Century Careers
- Project 2: Want To Be Successful?
- Project 3: ... And the Envelope Please?
- Project 1: A New Look at Job Descriptions
- Project 2: Using O*Net Online to Help Make Career Decisions
- Project 3: Are You Ready to Go to Work?