Idaho's Career Planning Guide
The Idaho Division of Professional-Technical Education developed the Career Planning Guide as a resource to high school students beginning in the their first year of high school. These texts are designed to assist high school staff in helping students to further explore and analyze their possible career choices in light of the additional training and education required, the return on their investment, and in light of the current job market.
The text is a bi-yearly publication that is intended to transition with students from one grade to the next.
General Introductory Teaching Resources:
Career Planning Guide Lessons
- Project 1: Lifestyle Choices Affect Career Choices
- Project 2: What Are Soft Skills? Why Are They Important?
- Project 3: What's Your Favorite Subject?
- Project 1: Prepare for 21st Century Careers
- Project 2: Want to Be Successful?
- Project 3: ...And the Envelope, Please?
- Project 1: A New Look At Job Descriptions
- Project 2: Using O*Net Online to Help Make Career Decisions
- Project 3: Are You Ready to Go to Work?