"If it can be measured, it can be optimized!"
Showing that an advisory program is effective is crucial to generating and retaining support for such a program in any school. The accountability element of any advisement program must be well thought out in advance of implementing the program. Questions such as the following must be considered:
- How will students be held accountable for attendance and participation?
- Will a participation rubric be used as an assessment?
- How will you know that the advisement program is effective?
- How will you determine the effectiveness of each advisor?
- When needed, who is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the different advisory groups and coaching for better performance?