The National FFA Convention is the largest annual gathering of high school students in the US. Each year over 55,000 FFA members, advisors, and supporters gather for leadership, career development, and to conduct the business of the National FFA Organization. The Idaho FFA Association participates each year in the convention and regularly sends several hundred FFA members.
2012 National FFA Convention CDE and Event Ratings
Idaho's Gold and National Finalist students and chapters
Slade Beck - Burley FFA - Specialty Crop Production Entrepreneurship/Placement
Gold CDE Participants
- Milk Quality and Products - Fruitland FFA, 2nd place
- Parliamentary Procedure - Meridian FFA, 3rd place
- Farm Business Management - Kuna FFA, 4th place
- Henry Wilson, 3rd place individual
- Dairy Cattle Evaluation and Management - Kuna FFA, 8th place
- Meats Evaluation and Technology - Kuna FFA, 12th place
- Zachary Reynolds, 7th place individual
- Nursery and Landscape - Middleton FFA, 12th place
- Agronomy - Fruitland FFA, 13th place
Silver CDE Participants
- Ag Issues Forum - American Falls FFA
- Dairy Handlers Activity - Janae Wright, Grace FFA
- Extemporaneous Speaking - Lauren Clark, Meridian FFA
- Marketing Plan - Marsing FFA
- Prepared Public Speaking - Brett Thornley, West Side FFA
- Food Science and Technology - Gooding FFA, 10th place
- Ag Sales - Marsing FFA, 16th place
- Environmental and Natural Resources - Gooding FFA, 17th place
- Forestry - Vallivue FFA, 18th place
- Job Interview - Carlie Wilkins, Kimberly FFA, 18th place
- Floriculture - Kimberly FFA, 19th place
- Horse Evaluation - Kuna FFA, 20th place
- Livestock Evaluation - Oakley FFA, 24th place
- Ag Technology and Mechanical Systems - Meridian FFA 25th place
Bronze CDE Participants
- Creed Speaking - Stormy Badard, Troy FFA
- Ag Communications - Marsing FFA, 26th place
- Poultry Evaluation - Blackfoot FFA, 36th place
2012 National FFA Convention Talent
Klancie Seiler - Nampa FFA - Fiddle Talent Act
2012 American Degree Recipients
2013-2015 Idaho State Block Housing
- Idaho group housing is at two locations for the Louisville convention cycle:
- Our hotels are next to each other on the north side of the Ohio River.
- Towne Place includes free breakfast that can be prepared in-room in each room's full kitchen area.
- Fairfield Inn includes free hot breakfast in lobby dining area.
- Requests for rooms must be submitted to Bridget Barrus at the State FFA Office by July 1.
- Requests must include the following:
- Check in date
- Check out date
- Specific type of room desired
- Hotel preference (Towne Place or Fairfield Inn)
- Requests must include the following:
- Room rates are as follows including tax:
- Towne Place: $154.29 (bed with a double pullout to sleep up to four) (22 total available rooms)
- Towne Place: $176.49 (two beds with a double pullout to sleep up to six) (10 total available rooms)
- Fairfield Inn: $154.29 (standard single to sleep up to two) (5 total available rooms)
- Fairfield Inn: $154.29 (bed with double pullout to sleep up to four) (16 total available rooms)
- Fairfield Inn: $154.29 (standard double bed room to sleep up to four) (12 total available rooms)
- Chapters that stay in the housing block are entitled to a lower convention registration fee.
- Chapters that have made group housing arrangements with the State FFA Office must submit a rooming list to Bridget Barrus by September 1.
- The Idaho hotels are located on a shuttle route. Please be sure to purchase shuttle passes when you register for convention.
- Chapters that do not use the Idaho housing block can work with National FFA directly Reservations must be made by early September if working directly with National FFA.
- Please check here to review the pricing model for registration fees for chapters using (or not using) the designated housing block.
Upcoming National FFA Convention Information
2013 October 30-November 2, Louisville, KY
2014 October 29-November 1, Louisville, KY
2015 October 28-31, Louisville, KY
2016 October 19-22, Indianapolis, IN
2017 October 25-28, Indianapolis, IN
2018 October 24-27, Indianapolis, IN
National FFA Award, CDE, and Scholarship Announcements